Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Father's Daughter

I'm loving Gwyneth Paltrow's new cookbook My Father's Daughter, along with this quick 

interview she gave to Glamour Magazine's Blog writer, Sarah Jio.

You can also read more from Gwyneth about this book on her own blog, www.goop.com,
which has some really great pictures from her dinner with friends to celebrate the release of the book!


From www.glamour.com:

I got the chance talk to Gwyneth Paltrow on the phone last Friday, and what fun! 

First of all, she was incredibly kind and lovely, and I was definitely a little star struck when she 
said, "Hi Sarah!" Then I said, "um, hi, Gwyneth!" Swoon. (Not exactly an everyday-occurrence that
 an Academy-Award-winning actress rings you on the phone, you know?!) 
Four healthy living tips she shared with me...
0418-gwyneth-paltrow-cookbook_vg.jpg
I talked to Gwyneth Paltrow last week about her new cookbook, 
My Father's Daughter, which I had a chance to look through this 
weekend.  It's filled with delicious, healthy (for the most part), 
recipes and beautiful memories of her late father, Bruce Paltrow. 
I loved this book, and have so many new meals to try out now. 
I also thought it would make a sweet Mother's Day or 
Father's Day gift as the book has a really sweet focus on family. 
(By the way, to read a funny story about my call with 
Gwyneth, click over here.)
I asked the actress some questions about how she 
stays healthy and fit, and here's the fun stuff she shared:
1. Almonds are her skinny snack: "When I'm on the run I 
tend to eat a handful of raw almonds," she said, explaining that she keeps them stashed in her purse 
when hunger strikes, so she's never far from a svelte snack.
2. Her get-lean-fast fitness program of choice? I told her that I swear by running to help me 
get lean fast, and she said for her it's Tracy Anderson's workout DVDs, 
especially the Dance Cardio workouts. "It changed my body forever," she said.
3. Guacamole rocks her world. "It's such a healthy snack, are avocados are so good for you."
4. Her three-word healthy-living mantra? "Breathe, chew, smile, " she said.
 This translates into a.) taking calming breaths and not letting stress get to you, 
b.) eating healthful food and eating it slowly, and c.) having a happy outlook and loving life.

Read More http://www.glamour.com/health-fitness/blogs/vitamin-g/2011/04/gwyneth-paltrows-4-fit-fab-sec.html#ixzz1K5hZvl8n

No comments:

Post a Comment